Thursday, January 27, 2022

Jesus' glory before the world was

 by David Long

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (John 17:5). What glory did Jesus have with the Father before the world was (John 1:1-2; Phil. 2:5-8)? There are those who teach that Jesus didn't always exist. Jesus said to those Jews of His day, "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:56-58). Jesus was and is Deity or God. He gave up the glory connected to being God when He became a man. He did that so He could die on the cross for our sins. What a great savior we have. Now we must obey Him to obtain eternal salvation (Heb. 5:8-9). Now He's received His glory back (Acts 2:33-36).  

No comments:

Post a Comment