Monday, March 7, 2022

Do you really love the Lord?

 by David Long

"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:23).

4 things in this verse we learn about love.

1. The decision of love. "If anyone loves me." This implies a decision we must make. We have a choice to love the Lord or not, which do you choice (Matt. 6:24)?

2. The determination of love. "he will." Once we have decided to love the Lord we must be determined in that love and let nothing separate us from it (Rom. 8:35-39).

3. The demonstration of love. "keep my word." If love is not demonstrated in obedience then do we really love? No. 

4. The dividends of love. "My Father will love him and we will come and make our abode with him." You want God in your life? Then make the decision to love, be determined in that love, demonstrate that love by keeping the commandments of Jesus (John 14:15) and the dividends of love will be yours. Otherwise forget it, you get nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment