Thursday, February 3, 2022

No better than the demons

 by David Long

“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble” (James 2:18-19). Faith only people are no better than the devils (demons). In fact, they may be worse because at least the demons believe and tremble. But they both are lost. The really sad part is a lot of members of the church fall into this category. They claim to believe in the one true God and His Son Jesus Christ but where are the works that show that they do? If your faith is not backed up by works (works being obeying God’s commandments) then you are no better than the demons.


No comments:

Post a Comment