Thursday, September 16, 2021

God at a distance

 by David Long

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:18).

"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father" (John 6:46).

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us" (1 John 4::12).

God is somewhat at a distance. We can't experience God with our 5 senses. We can know and see God through Jesus. "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" (John 14:7-9).

No comments:

Post a Comment