Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Are you content?

 by David Long

Content means "to be satisfied, to be enough, to suffice." Most people aren't content. They are never satisfied and never have enough. 

"Be Ye free from the love of money; content with such things as Ye have: for himself hath said, I will in no wise fail thee, neither will I in any wise forsake thee" (Heb. 13:5).

"But godliness with contentment is great gain: for we brought nothing into the world, for neither can we carry anything out; but having food and covering we shall be therewith content" (1 Tim. 6:6-8).

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therein to be content.  I know how to be abased, and I know also how to abound: in everything and in all things have I learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound and to be in want" (Phil. 4:11-12).

No comments:

Post a Comment