Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Why should I obey God?

 by David Long

"And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness. And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go" (Ex. 5:1-2).

That's good question for us to ask and answer, "Who is the Lord that we should obey Him?" 

1. We should obey God because He is the Creator (Ex. 20:11; Rev. 4:11).

2. We should obey God because He is the Provider (Acts 17:28; 14:17; Matt. 6:26).

3. We should obey God because He is the Sustainer (Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:3; Psa. 23).

4. We should obey God because He is the Savior (Isa. 43:11; John 4:40-42). 

No comments:

Post a Comment