Thursday, October 15, 2020

God knows who we really are

 by David Long

"O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether" (Psa. 139:1-4). Reputation is what others think we are. Character is what God knows we are. It is true that our reputation is sometimes worse than our real character. People may spread lies about us and give us a bad reputation. But it is also true that our reputation may be better than our character. If others knew what we do in the dark or when no one is watching, our reputations wouldn't be so good. But here's the deal: God knows exactly what kind of person I really am. Can't hide anything from God (Heb. 4:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment