Tuesday, March 31, 2020

False sense of security

by David Long

There is now talk of the public wearing face masks to combat covid-19. But some say this would give the public a false sense of security because face mask do not fully protect one from the virus. One may think they are protected when they are not. Well, I don't want a false sense of security, do you? Just like I don't want a false sense of hope. Spiritually speaking most people are living with a false sense of hope. They think they are saved and going to heaven, when they are not. "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!" (Matt. 7:21-23).

No comments:

Post a Comment