Thursday, February 27, 2020

Accursed

by David Long

"If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come!" (1 Cor. 16:22). A curse is placed on anyone who does not love the Lord Jesus Christ. Who would that include? To answer that question, let's think about what it means to love the Lord. "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). "If a man love me, he will keep my words" (John 14:23). "He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings" (John 14:24). We may think 1 Cor. 16:22 doesn't apply to us because we say that we love the Lord but there's a lot of people who claim to love the Lord but reject His commandments. Do they really love the Lord? No! They are accursed. Dear reader, do you love the Lord? You really need to give that some serious thought because we don't want to be accursed. We will never make it to heaven if we are accursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment